Monday, February 25, 2013

Ready, set, ArcGIS

I completed a 24 hour online ArcGIS training course this week! What an accomplishment. It took me a month or two to chew through. At least I have the basic understanding and idea for how the software functions. I'm glad I finished it. GIS skills are powerful. I cannot wait to make maps of the Kiavah Wilderness, I hope to document interesting information from my study site.
The one thing I have to say about learning ArcGIS is, it is really helpful to have some relational database familiarity beforehand. Working in a herbarium has not only taught me amazing botany skills but also important technological skills. Learning how to enter data is one thing, learning how to restore a crashed and burned database is another. Thank you databasing and data management!



No comments:

Post a Comment