Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Hunting and Gathering of Gear

I am preparing for my first field days. I have been out in the field to botanize but I have never been the one in charge. This time is different. I'm running the show. In order to keep from going crazy I have decided to post a list of supplies that I will need to hunt down and gather before going into the field. This is the first major trip that I'm planning. So hopefully after this it will be easier to get my gear in order.


Field collecting gear

Kiavah, here I come! -June 2012
  • Tent
  • Sleeping bag & mat
  • Headlamp
  • 45L backpack
  • Field notebook
  • Pens
  • Plastic collecting bags
  • Zip locks
  • Bryophyte packets (just in case)
  • Field guides
    • Jepson
    • Desert wildflowers
  • Compass
  • Maps!
  • Field press
    • Newspaper
    • Pens
  • Drying press
    • Corrugates
    • Straps
  • Camera
  • GPS
    • Batteries
  • Belt
    • Pruners
    • Digging tool
  • Ice chest
    • Ice
  • Food
    • Water  (6 Gallons)
    • Camping food
      • TBA

No comments:

Post a Comment